Synchronize with vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

stez

Synchronize with vault

Post by stez » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:41 am

Hi

Is it possible to do an entire sync with the server, to match your local copy to the vault server?

An example: when someone adds an image to a directory (or multiple). When i try "get latest versions" (recursive) for the whole solution, the bitmaps are NOT created locally. Only when i manually get the bitmaps themselves from the vault client, they are created.

This is off cource really annoying as i do not know which bimaps are added since the previous time i worked the solution...

What are your ideas on this?

Tnx in advance

dan

Post by dan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:04 am

Is your Get that doesn't work via the Visual Studio IDE? If so, it might be that the solution file or project file that contains the new files/folders wasn't checked in, or isn't part of that project, so VS doesn't know about them.

stez

Post by stez » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:17 am

We verified if these files were checked in, and they were checked in... (vault itself & the little picklock icon told us so ;))

In fact, everything was checked in in the entire solution, and all seemed to work, except the images. (the resources.resx file was updated, and when we tried to open it, the designer didn't find some images)

stez

Post by stez » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:12 am

i just tried it once more.

I have the following structure:
- checked in solution file and project file
- added some images on computer A in a directory called resources, and added them to resources.resx (All of these files are checked in)

-> On computer B, i do a "get latest version" of the solution file. All of the files are written to my harddisk, except for the image files themselves.

So when i open the resources file, i can see a resource with the name of the image, but there is no image. (there's a red exclamation sign) And the image is not in the directory.

Only when i manually checkout the image (in vault program) it is created...

Can you guys reproduce this or am i the only one with the problem?

dan

Post by dan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:34 am

This sounds like a Visual Studio issue, but we'd be happy to look at it. However, we'll need a solution that you can send us and exact steps on how to reproduce it.