CLC RememberLogin: proxy info is not remembered

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

CLC RememberLogin: proxy info is not remembered

Post by Tri » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:36 pm

Vault Server + Client = 3.16

Does the RememberLogin option of the Command Line Client also retain the proxy info?

When I first issued a RememberLogin command, I had to specify the proxy info because that is the only way I can go outsite to the internet.

When doing a GET specifying only repository and folders, CLC returns an error The connection to the server failed: server cannot be contacted or uses a protocol that is not supported by this client. Unable to connect to https://abc.company.net/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Optionsdialog under the Tools menu in the V ault GUI Client. Web Exception: The underlying connection was closed: The remote name could not beresolved.

If I added the proxy options then the GET worked OK. Is there any way to make CLC also remember the proxy info?

dan

Post by dan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:01 pm

It doesn't look like proxy info is stored with rememberlogin.

I'll add this as a feature request. You could always grab the CLC source and implement this yourself if you really need it right away.

Tri

Post by Tri » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:20 am

We can wait. It is possible to specify the proxy info at the cmd line.

When doing Vault.exe help REMEMBERLOGIN. The help says: "REMEMBERLOGIN will store server, repository and authentication information on the local host so that it does not need to be reentered. Server and authentication information is specified by: ...."

The proxy info is part of the item listed. That is why I thought that proxy should be remembered. If you add proxy info in REMEMBERLOGIN, please also offer another option of force NO-PROXY. There are occasions where we might need to execute the same script without the proxy. BTW, may be this is the reason why proxy info is not remembered.