vault from SQL2005 Microsoft SQL Server Management Console

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jsidlo

vault from SQL2005 Microsoft SQL Server Management Console

Post by jsidlo » Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:30 pm

Can you point me to a discussion on connecting to Vault projects (containing .sql files) from SQL2005 Microsoft SQL Server Management Console. We have existing projects contaiing .sql files in vault, and want to open these in Microsoft SQL Server Management Console.

When I try to "open from source control", "open project from source control" I get (after vault is launced):

"There are no solution or project files in this location. Please select a different location."

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:19 pm

We haven't tested Vault integration with SQL Server 2005 Management Studio, so it's not officially supported.

If it behaves like our supported IDE's -- VS.NET, VS 2005 -- then before you can open a project from source control, it first must be added to source control through the development environment -- SQL Server Management Studio, for instance. You would use the File->Source Control->Add Project to Source Control command.

In Visual Studio, this process creates the necessary source control files and bindings, and then other users can "open from source control" to retrieve the project for the first time. In Visual Studio you can create a blank solution and add existing files -- perhaps you can do this in SQL Server Management studio by creating a new project and adding your scripts??

If other users have been able to use SQL Server Management Studio with Vault, please chime in.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager