FailExistingDownload when using command line

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

link

FailExistingDownload when using command line

Post by link » Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:49 am

When using the command line to download files, we get exceptions in the response:

<vault>
<!-- An exception was encountered during the get latest operation. Exception:
2100 : FailExistingDownload -->
<result success="yes" />
</vault>

The log on the server contains little more:

----3/22/2006 4:37:29 PM Daniel--daniel.link.local(10.0.0.x)--SSL Disabled Login
----3/22/2006 4:37:32 PM Daniel--daniel.link.local(10.0.0.x)--SSL Disabled FailExistingDownload
----3/22/2006 4:37:50 PM Daniel--daniel.link.local(10.0.0.x)--SSL Disabled Logout

I notice I'm not the only one seeing it from searching the forum, but there doesn't seem to be much info on what causes it. Happens 100% of the time here, pulling out a fairly small part of the tree, with the following command:

vault.exe -user "user" -password "pass" -host "myserver" -repository "Project X" GET -makewritable "$/Testing/Automated/Mercury Tests/Reusable Tests" -destpath "C:\Temp\Source\Testing\Automated\Mercury Tests\Reusable Tests" -verbose
Last edited by link on Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:04 am

What version of Vault Client and Server are you using?

Is this a new problem? Did this work before, or has it never worked?

Let's try to isolate the problem:

Can you do the Get with the Vault GUI Client (same machine, same user) to a non-working directory?

Does the Get with the CLC fail on any folder/file, or just this particular folder?

If you run the CLC command on a different machine does it work?

Does it work if you log in as a user other than Daniel?

If you modify the command -- get to the working folder, instead of destpath, does that make a difference?

Can you run the command on the Vault Server machine itself, using "localhost" for the Vault server name?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

link

Post by link » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:47 am

The first time I ran the command, it worked fine. After a colleague deleted and re-added a folder (to test for the other bugs we posted), I got that error. Every time I tried after that, gave the same error.

It's not a big deal, since we're resorting to use the IDE and doing "Get Latest Version" several times now, but if I get more time to investigate, I'll try and answer some more of your questions