FailInvalidSessionToken?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ismangil

FailInvalidSessionToken?

Post by ismangil » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:24 am

VaultServiceAPILib.VaultSoapException: 1011 : FailInvalidSessionToken at VaultService.VaultServiceSystem.ValidateToken(VaultAuth va) at VaultService.VaultService.GetRepositoryStructure(Int32 nRepID, Int64 nBaseRevision, Int64 nTargetRevision, DateTime dtLastClientSecurityCheck, DateTime& dtLatestServerSecurityCheck, Int64& nReturnTargetRevision, VaultRepositoryDelta& rd)

Using 3.1.1 server with 3.0.6 API dlls, recently I am getting a lot of those. This also happens sometimes with 3.1.1 GUI clients. I found a couple of really old posts regarding that, I can say that Sharepoint is not installed.

Does it have anything to do with the server being overloaded for example?

dan

Post by dan » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:20 am

The most common reason for this error is that the Vault server has been restarted, or the Vault session has timed out. Does it happen to everyone at the same time, or just individual users? You might check the Vault server log to see if they correspond with server restarts.

If the Vault web service is on an Windows 2003 Server or Windows Small Business Server, it could be the AppPool that is running Vault is configured to recycle the worker process at regular intervals. See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1014 to correct the settings. If that is the case, but settings don't help, you could investigate running the server in IIS 5.0 isolation mode to see if that helps.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:54 am

dan wrote:The most common reason for this error is that the Vault server has been restarted, or the Vault session has timed out. Does it happen to everyone at the same time, or just individual users? You might check the Vault server log to see if they correspond with server restarts.

If the Vault web service is on an Windows 2003 Server or Windows Small Business Server, it could be the AppPool that is running Vault is configured to recycle the worker process at regular intervals. See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1014 to correct the settings. If that is the case, but settings don't help, you could investigate running the server in IIS 5.0 isolation mode to see if that helps.
Timing out is likely. Recently we've been getting performance problems, due to increasing reliance on CruiseControl.NET. I've scheduled an upgrade to 3.1.7 this week so we'll see if that cures some of the problems. I'll check the AppPool also.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:31 am

OK, this is now getting critical.

- By using 3.1.7 with cc.net build server tweaks Vault server is now relatively quiet in terms of CPU usage. So Vault is not busy.
- Vault server is not restarting. The logs just shows login/logout of users, as normal.
- The FailInvalidSession token happens most often with a specific user called build2.
- build2 is used by a webservice that uses Vault API (3.0.6 libs at the moment) to checkin/checkout files from Vault.

Any ideas where I can start?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:33 am

I would start by upgrading build2 webservice to 3.1.8. It isn't taking advantage of the all the client side cc.net work done in 3.1

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:37 am

dan wrote:I would start by upgrading build2 webservice to 3.1.8. It isn't taking advantage of the all the client side cc.net work done in 3.1
OK, I have now deployed an updated webservice that links against Vault API libs 3.1.7 (we haven't deployed 3.1.8 server as yet).

To be clear, all cc.net instances are already running the latest 1.1 branch that uses 3.1.7 clients.