Vault Integration with SupportForce Bug/Case Tracking

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Justin Spindler

Vault Integration with SupportForce Bug/Case Tracking

Post by Justin Spindler » Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:57 pm

Any chance that we might see Vault integrated with SupportForce? My company is using SupportForce exclusively now for CRM and work item tracking and it would be nice to be able to document a case when performing a check in.

SupportForce exposes itself through a WebService interface which permits read/write access to nearly every object in their system. It's quite easy to integrate with .NET languages because SupportForce makes the WSDL for an installation available.

If SourceGear is not planning on this type of integration, is there any method through which I could build the integration myself, i.e. a plugin for the Vault client?

dan

Post by dan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:41 am

We don't currently have plans for integration with SupportForce.

The Vault Client API is available for integration with other programs. It is the actual libraries that our Vault clients use. The command line client source is available with the API, so you can get a feel for how to use it. It is available on our main web site's download page.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 am

It is also worth mentioning the Vault Server Plugin mechanism, which we currently use to interface to our custom issues log system.