"Remove Local Copy on Checkin" by Repository?

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

JonEdwards

"Remove Local Copy on Checkin" by Repository?

Post by JonEdwards » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:09 am

Hi all,

Is it possible to set the Vault client to remove local copies on check-in for one repository but not another? Or even better, can this be set by folder within a single repository?

I ask because we develop in two different technologies, one lends itself to keeping only WIP code local and all checked-in code lives in shadow folders (Progress 4GL) while .Net/C# pretty much needs a local copy no matter what. FWIW, we're using Vault in a VSS-like manner integrated with Visual Studio '05 and the Vault client to handle all of our Progress checkin/checkouts.

Thanks,

Jon

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:56 am

Sorry this is a per-user option, so it applies to checkins by a given user, not a given repository or folder. Note that it just specifies the default behavior, so you can toggle the checkbox for any given checkin.

JonEdwards

Post by JonEdwards » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:15 pm

Ouch. I guess VSS does this too?

This is a stretch, but is this user setting stored in an ini or config file (vs the DB)?

Jon

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:55 pm

Not sure what the VSS functionality is.

The value is stored on the server in the DB, it is actually a per-user-per-server setting.

JonEdwards

Post by JonEdwards » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:30 pm

Hi Dan,

So, our only option (short of trying to get everyone to remember to always hit the toggle box) seems to be to create two Vault users per developer. One user has access to the project folders that should be automatically removed on check-in and has his/her check-in properties set appropriately. The other has access to folders that have the opposite requirement, etc. Problem solved, except for licensing. So far our team is small enough that this not an issue, but buying two licenses for every developer is not a realistic long term solution. Is there some way I could submit an enhancement request to get folder-specific check in settings?

Also, are there any command-line arguments that i can pass into VaultGUIClient.exe to have it automatically pick a connection profile? I'd like to have one icon on everyone's desktop that connects as the delete-local user and another for the second user.

Thanks,

Jon

dan

Post by dan » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:26 pm

Changing options to be repository specific would be a pretty big change. I'll add it as a feature request, but I can't promise any kind of timeframe on it.

Also, there isn't a command line input to the GUI client at present. Note that login profiles will provide the same functionality, except within the login dialog rather than on the desktop.