Problem adding project

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

BigBrett

Problem adding project

Post by BigBrett » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:14 am

I am running Vault 3.1.7.3719 and using Visual C++ 6.

In my workspace I have 20 projects. 19 of these projects have been added to source control and have worked fine. One of the projects can not be added to source control as the "Add to Vault Folder" dialog that displays does not have a path setting for "Add project from working folder" and that edit box is read-only so I can't even type something in there. If I click OK any way I get a message that a working folder is required, and in the Source Control window it indicates that an exception of type System.Exception was thrown in the SCCProjPath method.

The relevant lines from an IDE log are as follows:

02/21/06 17:11:52 | Enter SccGetProjPath(), pContext=21057832, lpUser=dev2, lpProjName=MAP, lpLocalPath=, lpAuxProjPath=, bAllowChangePath=0
02/21/06 17:11:57 | Exit SccGetProjPath(), pContext=21057832, lpUser=dev2, lpProjName=MAP, lpLocalPath=, lpAuxProjPath=, bAllowChangePath=0

As I stated above this the only one of 20 projects that will not work properly. How do I get this project added to source control ?

dan

Post by dan » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:03 am

The log file seems to be reporting what the dialog is showing - that the IDE doesn't supply Vault with a working folder, so it displays a blank one.

So, the question is why the IDE is having trouble determining the working folder of that project. Does the project contain files from places outside the working folder of the project? If so, you might try temporarily removing them and then seeing if the add works.

BigBrett

Post by BigBrett » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:27 am

Yes, that worked. Some header files from a third-party library installed in another location were included in the project's header files list. As soon as these were removed the Add had the correct project folder.

Thanks for that. I've just spent three days trying to get these projects into Vault due to constant power cuts and this was the last project to go in (which will hopefully finish before the next power cut).