Deleting A Repository

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jim Clark

Deleting A Repository

Post by Jim Clark » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:28 am

I imported two large projects with a lot of labels into Vault not realizing that I could not use the VS .NET integration with VS .NET 2002. We reverted to using VSS for those projects and I would like to remove them from my repository but I am having a devil of a time getting rid of those projects.

What is the easiest route to acomplish this? Loading the Obliterate list for that repository takes about an hour and Obliterating more than a few items causes a timeout. I saw a posting about running the Obliterate command in Query Analyzer and tried that but after 31 hours and 26 minutes our server installed a critical update and rebooted :shock:

At this point I would be happy to delete the entire repository and start over but that times out as well.

Signed
Wishing Each Repository was in a Seperate Database :wink:

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 am

Since the server rebooted during Obliterate, that repository is probably in a bad state and will need to be deleted.

Email me at linda at SourceGear.com and I'll send you a query to do this.
Wishing Each Repository was in a Seperate Database
We've had other requests for this. I'll add your "vote."
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jtaylor

Post by jtaylor » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:01 pm

I'll second the request to have repositories in separate databases. I would then back up by repository, so that if one gets messed up, I could restore it only.

Jason Taylor