Request Entity Too Large

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

ismangil

Request Entity Too Large

Post by ismangil » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:31 am

Vault 3.1.1

Hi,

On checkin, some of our remote (accessing through the Internet) developers are receiving a Request Entity Too Large when checking in a 11MB file. But if I check in the file from my client (which is on a LAN with the Vault server), it checks in fine.

Is this a client, internet, or server problem?

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:30 am

There might be a gateway or proxy in between that is preventing a file that large from getting through. If it works on the LAN, then the problem is outside Vault, since Vault's upload limit is server based, and determined by IIS's file upload limit. Since a remote user would use the same IIS server settings, it would have to be something outside that.

ismangil

Post by ismangil » Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:40 am

dan wrote:There might be a gateway or proxy in between that is preventing a file that large from getting through. If it works on the LAN, then the problem is outside Vault, since Vault's upload limit is server based, and determined by IIS's file upload limit. Since a remote user would use the same IIS server settings, it would have to be something outside that.
I suspect so. Thanks for the confirmation. The developers are not aware of any proxies, so it might be an invisible one imposed by their ISP. :(

Incidentally, I know this is off topic, but are you aware of any tools for detecting such proxies?

Barring that, would it possible to run one installation of Vault service to be exposed on more than one port? Extreme, I know, but just exploring if we can run on an arbitratry port to bypass their proxy.

dan

Post by dan » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:06 am

ismangil wrote:
Incidentally, I know this is off topic, but are you aware of any tools for detecting such proxies?
I don't - any one else out there know of any?

Barring that, would it possible to run one installation of Vault service to be exposed on more than one port? Extreme, I know, but just exploring if we can run on an arbitratry port to bypass their proxy.
You can run Vault on a different port (by configuring IIS), but you can't run it on two ports at the same time.