Set Working Folder Bug

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

jnapier

Set Working Folder Bug

Post by jnapier » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:10 pm

I keep getting this error when I open up my VS.Net 2003 solution:

The working folder state information for D:\CI\Projects\Source\ is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path/ The specific compatibility was : Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter Name: Ticks

But I have version 3.1.6 on both server and client

dan

Post by dan » Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:25 am

Hmmm - did this happen after the upgrade to 3.1.6, or has anything else changed in regards to the machine or project? Or, is this a project you haven't accessed in awhile?

In any case, the easiest way to get around this is to delete the state info for that folder. You'll need to re-Get the files in that folder, since their state will all go to unknown.

Unfortunately, finding the right one is not easy if you store you cache in C:\Documents and Settings\dan.CDESG\Local Settings\Application Data\SourceGear. You might need to do a search on access or modification times to find the right one. The file it is having trouble opening the file called "state" in one of the numbered folders.

jnapier

Post by jnapier » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:45 am

This didn't happen right after upgrading. We have been using the latest version since it was released. The only thing that has chnaged on the machine is that we setup CruiseControl.Net.

Everything was working fine and then CC.Net started reporting that it was having problems connecting to Vault. So then I started trying to get the project manually through vs.net and thats when I started seeing the error that I reported.

You solution fixed the problem.

Thanks.