A few questions about features - if they exist

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

CSkardon

A few questions about features - if they exist

Post by CSkardon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:18 am

Hi there,

We've been using vault for all of 3 days now in a proper usage capacity and we're wondering if there is a way to get some values from the client:

1. The number of files listed in the Search pane, i.e. if I search for the files checked out to me, I would like to see a count of them.

2. Is there a way (aside from right clicking on a file and going to checkout status) to see the machine location the file is checked out to in the ListView? i.e. \\MyMachine\C$\Work\MyProject as opposed to just c:\Work\MyProject?

3. Can you do a difference between two projects in a repository? for example, I have my trunk and a branch, can I see if there are any differences between the branch and trunk without having to get the latest version to my hard drive first?

Thanks

Chris

GregM

Post by GregM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:38 am

2. The machine name is shown in the checkout location column, but it's after the filename, and the column isn't wide enough, by default, to show it. You need to make the column wider.

CSkardon

Post by CSkardon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:47 am

Ahh yes, I see, thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:04 am

1. The number of files listed in the Search pane, i.e. if I search for the files checked out to me, I would like to see a count of them.
Good idea, I'll add it as a feature request.
3. Can you do a difference between two projects in a repository? for example, I have my trunk and a branch, can I see if there are any differences between the branch and trunk without having to get the latest version to my hard drive first?
Select one of the folders and then right click and select ->Show Differences. Then choose to Compare the working folder/files to: "Any repository folder/file."
Last edited by lbauer on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

CSkardon

Post by CSkardon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:55 am

Select one of the folders and then right click and select ->Show Differences. Then choose to Compare the working folder/files to: "Any repository folder/file."
This does require me to have a copy of one of the projects on the hard drive doesn't it?

GregM

Post by GregM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:01 am

It downloads a copy of the versions to which you are comparing for those that don't exist on your machine, and builds directory trees in the %TEMP% directory as necessary.

CSkardon

Post by CSkardon » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:10 am

Ahh right, Thanks guys