Repository Dialog box

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Paulm

Repository Dialog box

Post by Paulm » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:08 am

Hi,

Since upgrading to vault 3.1.5, I keep getting the dialog box to select my repostory. I've only one repository and it is set as default in my profile. I've also deleted and created a new profile since the upgrade. It also keeps asking me to log in every time I want to check in/out a new project. I thought once you've logged into the client, it should be seamless and not request re-logins? I'm using VS.NET 2003.

Thanks

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:26 pm

We've had one other report of this, but we've not yet been able to figure out why it is happening. A possible work-around is to replace the values in following lines in the project file with "SAK" instead of the binding info:

SccProjectName="SAK"
SccAuxPath="SAK"
SccLocalPath="SAK"
SccProvider="SAK"

However, you might try to turn on client logging and send it to us before doing this, as we might be able to see what VS is sending us that is causing the problem. See http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=2898 for how to do that.

dan

Post by dan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:00 pm

The other user who reported this turned on logging, and it was revealed that Visual Studio was not sending Vault any information about the server and repository to connect to (or the profile to use).

We did make one change in the 3.1.1 timeframe that forces the Choose Repository dialog to be displayed if the repository sent to us from VS is invalid. It might be that the solution/project in question never had the right binding info, but this was only revealed after the Vault upgrade, and it was just using the values that had previously been used when connecting via the GUI client.

In any case, rebinding should fix the problem.

Paulm

Post by Paulm » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:55 am

dan wrote:The other user who reported this turned on logging, and it was revealed that Visual Studio was not sending Vault any information about the server and repository to connect to (or the profile to use).

We did make one change in the 3.1.1 timeframe that forces the Choose Repository dialog to be displayed if the repository sent to us from VS is invalid. It might be that the solution/project in question never had the right binding info, but this was only revealed after the Vault upgrade, and it was just using the values that had previously been used when connecting via the GUI client.

Hi, how do I re-bind. Is it by following the procedure to add the SAK line?

Paulm

Post by Paulm » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:06 am

Paulm wrote:
dan wrote:The other user who reported this turned on logging, and it was revealed that Visual Studio was not sending Vault any information about the server and repository to connect to (or the profile to use).

Hi, how do I re-bind. Is it by following the procedure to add the SAK line?
Do I ammend it on the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file? Would it have the same effect if I was to delete this file and then get vault to recreate by opening the project from source control?

Thanks

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:51 am

You can unbind a project by using the File->Source Control->Change Source Control command.

Or, you could backup your working directories and do a fresh get of the project using File->Source Control->Open from Source Control.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager