VS 2005 Problems Deleteing and then Creating new File

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

erenken

VS 2005 Problems Deleteing and then Creating new File

Post by erenken » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:20 pm

We are using Vault 3.1.4.3543, I haven’t upgraded to 3.1.5.3546 because the release notes only talk about a problem with a binary file.

Here is my problem: I have a project we are working on in VS 2005 and I want to recreate some of the Windows Forms from scratch. So I go into the project and delete the file. I also have select to let it delete it from source control. I do an Add to create the form from scratch. It is named exactly as the previous version. This works great on the computer that I did this on, and in the Vault client it shows the new form as Version 1.

Now when someone opens this project on another computer and does a get latest version they file that I newly created is not retrieved. It still has the old version of the file. I have had this happen on multiple files in this solution and in different projects. When you do a compare by right clicking on the file it tells you that they do not match.

This project was originally a 2003 project but was converted to 2005.

Thanks,
Eric Renken

Tonya

Post by Tonya » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:00 pm

I have been unable to reproduce the issue you are reporting. Could you please confirm the steps that I performed were correct:

1. Created a project within VS 2003.
2. Converted the project to VS 2005.
3. Modified the form1.cs file to create a version 2 of the file.
4. Had another user on another machine open this project.
5. Deleted form1.cs (included in source control).
6. Add a new file and named it form1.cs.
7. Checked the project in.
8. As the other user on another machine I performed a "get latest" on this project and form1.cs was returned to version 1.

Please let me know of any differences that you notice.

Thanks,

Tonya Nunn
SourceGear Support