Problem selecting which users have access to new Repository

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

luther_miller

Problem selecting which users have access to new Repository

Post by luther_miller » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:31 am

Forgive me if the details are fuzzy, but a couple weeks ago I added a new repository to Vault (3.1.2 at the time) using the admin tool.
When I looked at the properties for the repository, I unchecked a bunch of people that I don't want seeing it and saved my changes.
When I opened the same window back up, completely different users were checked than the ones I had specified.
I can't remember exactly what fixed it - I ended up unchecking everyone and saving and then opening it back up and checking just the ones I wanted. Also, I think it might have been a mouse vs. keyboard issue but I am not sure. (Its quick to use the arrow keys and space bar to move down the list and check/uncheck users...)
In any case, I thought I had run into this before and reported it (a year or two ago?) but maybe that was another issue.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:57 pm

Yes, there is a little bug in how the checkbox works for displaying active users. For instance, if you uncheck "List only Active users" and click ok, the next time you open Repository access, it's checked again.

This is on the list of things to be considered for 4.0.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

luther_miller

not just a display issue

Post by luther_miller » Tue Dec 06, 2005 1:00 pm

Just to be clear, the issue I experienced is not a display issue.
It is an issue with Vault saving the wrong settings - it is giving the wrong users access to the repository. When I go back in a second time, I can see what values it actually saved, but they are not the values that I specified. This is an annoyance as well as a potential security issue.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:12 pm

The "list only active users" checkbox seems to be toggling the user access if you check or uncheck it after you've checked or unchecked the user boxes.

I'll bump this up in priority. Thanks for pointing this out.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager