Computer died during IDE checkin, cannot get back in Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

HankFay

Computer died during IDE checkin, cannot get back in Vault

Post by HankFay » Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:13 pm

Here is the error message:

The working folder state information for c:\vpme9projects\environmental\env\reports is incompatible with this version of Vault. Please choose a different working folder path. The specific compatibility exception was: Could not detect the file type in the supplied stream.

Help! <s>

HankFay

Undoing files from Admin fixed the problem

Post by HankFay » Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:57 pm

I tried deleting the temp files on the client; no joy. So then ran undo on all the files in the folder named in the error. Joy.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:33 am

So all is OK now? Getting a new version of the files (through the Undo operation) most likely helped clear up the problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

HankFay

It was a partial solution...

Post by HankFay » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:51 pm

The problem is now fixed: doing what I mentioned above (the Undo) let me get back into the Vault Client. From there I could set a new Working Folder. And that fixed the issue. Without that, I couldn't get to the folder that was the problem in the first place.

It would be nice, of course, if it were always possible to get back into the Vault Client, regardless of the error. Something you might want to pass on to the development team: if there is an issue with a "stream" being corrupted, instead of popping up a dialog that prevents getting into the client, provide the option to clear out that stream so life can return to normal.

thanks,

Hank Fay