Feature Request: Add _sgvault directory to ignored list

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

bmschkerke

Feature Request: Add _sgvault directory to ignored list

Post by bmschkerke » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:19 am

We use a combination of the Vault client and Visual Studio integration. The folks who are using the Vault client have managed to add their _sgvault folders to the repository.

Seems that'd be a great candidate for the Repository Options default folder ignore list. =)

Thanks!

dan

Post by dan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:51 am

Vault automatically excludes _sgvault and _sgbak folders from an Add or Detect New Files operation, so they don't need to be in the exclusion list.

I'd be very interested to know how they managed to get those folders into Vault. Can you reproduce it?

bmschkerke

Post by bmschkerke » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:41 am

Yes, although not the way I thought I would.

Inside Visual Studio 2003 (v7.1.3088), using the integrated client (v3.1.3.3538) against server (v3.1.2.3511) choose to Show All Files from the Project menu and then choose to commit an upper level folder to the repository. (Ironically, I can also add the _sgvault folder directly even though I have the Repository manually set to ignore _sgvault. [Folder exclusions: _sgvault; bin; debug; obj; release])

Are the exclusions solely for the full client? The full client ignores _sgvault, even if I drag and drop it directly. (Heh, the behavior I like since having Vault overwrite the state files everytime you Get Latest makes things .. slightly difficult.)

dan

Post by dan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:42 pm

Ah, the IDE client strikes again.

We'll need to add more protection for this in the IDE client. As you know, adding an _sgvault folder to Vault is very very bad. Be sure to delete any that show up.

I'll log this as a bug - thanks for the report.