Public key

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Mansur

Public key

Post by Mansur » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:03 am

Hello,

after an crash of the Vault-Server (Hardware crash) I had to recover the Vault-Database.
It seems this was successfull.
I used all the befor used passwords while installing the Vault-Server.
I recovered the Database from the MSDE-Database-Files.

But now when I am trying to Log into the Vault I get the Error: "Could not get public key from server".

Do you have an advice how to recover the Vault-Datbase / Server?

Regards,
Mansur

Mansur

Additional

Post by Mansur » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:37 am

I have also read the following thread:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... public+key

-User ASP.NET has full access to All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

-I found an entry called edb3....

-I stopped the WWW-Publishing Service completly

- I deleted the edb3 ...-File

- Restartet www-Publishing ...

- tryed to connect ...same error "Could not get public key from server"

- the file edb3... has been created in the mentioned directory

Regards,

Mansur

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:47 am

What version of Vault are you using?

What operating system is the Vault Server installed on?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Mansur

Serverversion

Post by Mansur » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:20 am

The Serverversion is 3.1.1.

But now I read that the 3 - Version has some problems. SO meanswhile I try to install an newer Version (Do I have the license thatfor?)

ANyhow ... I have just installed the Version 3.1.5 and the Problem still exists!

Regards,
Mansur

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:39 am

What account is Vault running under? Is it Network Service, Machine/ASPNET, or a custom account? If there's a log file in %windir%\temp\sgvault, it should show the account used by Vault.

Give that account Full Control to: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys.

One user on the forum gave Everyone full control, and that seemed to work for him. You might want to try that temporarily to see if the problem is permissions on that folder or something else.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mansur

Post by Mansur » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:59 am

The account is:
Identity = NT-AUTORITÄT\NETZWERKDIENST
whitch means "Network Service, Machine".

First I tryed to give the User "NETZWERKDIENST" an full access. It didd'nt helped.

The I gave to "Everyone" an full Access. Now I get the error:
The Vault Server could not establish a connection to the database. Please check the server's log for detailed information. (FailDBConn)

The Log tells me that the the User could not log In to the Database:

----14.11.2005 17:55:35 Mansur--76.2-***.net(80.81.*.*)--SSL Disabled Vault Failed to establish a connection to the database.
----14.11.2005 17:55:35 Mansur--76.2-***.net(80.81.*.*)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Fehler bei der Anmeldung für den Benutzer 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.CreateConnection()
at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest()
at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()

Installing the VaultServer did'nt show any problems.

Regards,
Mansur

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:09 pm

For some reason, Vault is trying to use the 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' account to connect to the SQL Server database. Generally the default would be Network Service.

Two options:

Create a login and db role for 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003'

If SQL Server is running in Windows authentication mode, run this query, substituting the correct ASP.Net Process account. Note, if the Vault Server will be running on a different machine, then you must use an account for the Vault Service's ASP.Net process that has network access to the SQL Server.

Code: Select all

USE [master] 
IF ( NOT EXISTS (SELECT sid FROM syslogins WHERE name = 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' ) ) 
EXEC sp_grantlogin N'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' 

-- next access should be granted in the vault database 
USE [sgvault] 
EXEC sp_grantdbaccess N'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003'  
EXEC sp_addrolemember N'db_owner', N'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' 
GO 
Or, you could uninstall and reinstall using SQL Server authentication. Vault would then create an sgvaultuser login for SQL Server.

One more thing -- if you give 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' full control over

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys

rather than "Everyone," does Vault work?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Mansur

Login to DB

Post by Mansur » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:24 am

Hi,

1. If I give the User P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003 Full Access to the ...MachineKeys - Directory I still get the Error: "...(FailDBConn)"

2. I run the Query as you mentioned befor. It failed partly.
See the Result:

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Für 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' wurde Anmeldezugriff erteilt.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Der Datenbankzugriff für 'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' wurde erteilt.
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]'P15180798\IUSR_WINSERVER2003' wurde zur Rolle 'db_owner' hinzugefügt.
[SQL-DMO]Der Name '[sgvault]' wurde in der Auflistung Databases nicht gefunden. Wenn es sich um einen vollständigen Namen handelt, trennen Sie die Namensteile mit [], und versuchen Sie es dann erneut.
----------
Error: -2147199728 - [SQL-DMO]Der Name '[sgvault]' wurde in der Auflistung Databases nicht gefunden. Wenn es sich um einen vollständigen Namen handelt, trennen Sie die Namensteile mit [], und versuchen Sie es dann erneut.

MANSUR: This means: "sgvault" could not be found in the Databases.

What do you mean with "uninstall and reinstall using SQL Server authentication"?
You mean reinstall SQL-Server?

Hope you have any other advices :-(

Regards,
Mansur

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:55 am

Do you have an sgvault database in SQL Server? You can check with Enterprise Manager or run sp_helpdb query from the command line using osql.
What do you mean with "uninstall and reinstall using SQL Server authentication"? You mean reinstall SQL-Server?

No. There's an option during the installation of Vault to use Windows authentication or SQL Server authentication during the SQL Server setup portion of the installation:

http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/support ... orial.html
Linda Bauer
SourceGear