Client hangs on splash screen

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jim

Client hangs on splash screen

Post by Jim » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:41 am

Sourcegear support

We are having an issue on one of our workstations where the client hangs on startup, getting as far as displaying the splash screen but no further. In the background the vault client displays Ready in the status bar but the splash screen never goes away to give control back to the user.

I have enabled client side logging and the log is attached, with the filter set to all and stack traces enabled.

This has only happened on this workstation and our other clients are working fine. However this is the first workstation of a new "standard" build therefore I need to understand the issue with this workstation.

I have reinstalled vault using the 3.1.2 client and tried to find the cache to delete it but looking in %APPDATA% I could not see the SourceGear directory which leads me to believe it has not yet got far enough to create it.

The vault version is 3.1.2.3511
The workstation is XP Build 2600 / SP2
Attachments
alog.txt
Client side log
(3.27 KiB) Downloaded 556 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:28 am

This usually points to a problem with the .NET framework on the machine. You may need to reinstall and/or update it.

Similar issue here:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=4911
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:00 am

I've reinstalled the .net framework and now I get a part of our Select tool trying to repair itself when Vault starts.

No need for your support to do anything following this though as I need to understand how the Select tool is packaged and how this could cause the problem.

thanks very much for your swift response
Jim