Cannot open admin tool after upgrade

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

gsieber2

Cannot open admin tool after upgrade

Post by gsieber2 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:42 pm

We upgraded to the latest version from 2.2 today. After attaching our old database, the new admin tool will not let us in. Give the following error.

"You have more active users than valid licenses. User accounts are disabled until the "admin" user deactivates some users."

The system must be seeing all of our old users. It says to deactivate some uesrs. However, it will not let us in so we can do it.

Please advise on how to remove some of the active users so we can get passed this problem.

Thanks,

Greg

dan

Post by dan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:59 pm

Did the database get upgraded during the install? Note that if you backup your database, do the upgrade, then restore the old DB, the database will not have been upgraded, and Vault will not work properly. You need to upgrade the database during an install for the DB to upgraded along with the server.

Also, did you get new licenses for version 3 of Vault? We went to a different license mode from version 2 to 3, and the problem you are seeing could be related to that. The admin user should always be able to login though (even if you don't have a valid license), so try that account.

gsieber2

Upgrade

Post by gsieber2 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:08 pm

We tried doing the upgrade of the DB, but it failed each time, so we detached and moved the DB files. Then ran a straight install.

We do have the 3.0 license files. However, there are not enough users in it to cover all of the users in our old DB. We do not need all the old users.

I am going to try doing it with DB upgrade one more time. If there is a way to simply remove some of these users, please let me know.

dan

Post by dan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:34 pm

Yes, just login as the admin user, go to the users pane, and deactivate the users that will no longer be using the system. The licenses ony apply to users marked "active".

gsieber2

Post by gsieber2 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:37 pm

It will not let me log in, that is the problem. I get that error mentioned above each time I try to login.

dan

Post by dan » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:45 pm

Have you upgraded the database yet? The admin password may have gotten messed up if the DB didn't get upgraded with the server. You should have been required to enter the password to upgrade. If that doesn't work, uninstall then reinstall the server, and it should create a new admin password.

gsieber2

Post by gsieber2 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:53 pm

It is still upgrading the installation. I has been for some time. I hope it is not stuck.

gsieber2

Post by gsieber2 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:02 pm

The upgrade worked this time. I was able to login.

Consider this closed.