History command shouldn't show changes to pinned items

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

christian

History command shouldn't show changes to pinned items

Post by christian » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:15 pm

Hi guys,
I noticed that the HISTORY command is showing changes to items that have been pinned. For example I ask for a history on $/EntCIexample and get changes to files shared from other vault folders even though these files are pinned in $/EntCIexample - surly this is not correct behaviour?

The result of the above is that our build is being triggered whenever a pinned file changes in another vault folder - a bit crap I have to say.

Can you change/fix the command so that by default it excludes changes to pinned items? I appreciate that you may want to make the default behaviour consistent with what we get now in order to maintain backward compatibility - in which case the new switch would need to be supplied at the command line to specifically exclude these changes.

Thanks in advance
Christian

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:52 am

Just to clarify -- these items are shared and pinned?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

christian

Post by christian » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:14 am

Yup,

I shared the folder $/Common into $/EntCIexample. This gives me the following tree:

$/Common
$/EntCIexample/Common

I've then pinned the folder $/EntCIexample/Common

Problem is, a change to a file under $/Common shows up as a change when running the History command against $/EntCIexample.

Christian

christian

Post by christian » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:06 pm

Any ideas when / if this will get fixed?
Thanks
Christian

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:42 pm

This is intended behavior.

Since the folder is shared, it shares any changes to its linked folder. The pin doesn't prevent history from reflecting these changes; the pin just prevents users from making any modifications to the pinned folder.

I can log a feature request for history not to increment until the folder is unpinned.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

christian

Post by christian » Fri Aug 26, 2005 1:06 am

Ok, yes please do so. I'm surprised nobody else has logged this as it results in false builds being triggered.

Thanks
Christian