Error trying to move a folder

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

christian

Error trying to move a folder

Post by christian » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:20 pm

I'm getting the following error when trying to move a folder:

The server returned an unknown status code (1109)

The message dialog says: "Server unavailable for transaction end"

I moved the folder and then committed the move. The move was the only item in the change set. As a test I've tried to move another folder to the same location and this works fine.

I'm using 3.0.6 (2856) on both the client and server.

Please help
Thanks
Christian

ian_sg

Post by ian_sg » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:46 pm

Christian,

Are there shares in the folder you're moving? This occasionally caused problems. This thread may give you some ideas for a work-around.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=3183

I believe the core problem here was fixed in 3.1, if upgrading is a possibility for you.
Ian Olsen
SourceGear

christian

Post by christian » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:40 am

Hi guys,
I'm a little scarred that upgrading to 3.1 is going to brake the things I'm trying to do using cruisecontrol (particularly scarred as you're now strong naming your assemblies which may blow any call ccnet makes to your api without recompiling ccnet or messing around will version redirects - not sure but I don't want to be the one that finds out!).

It could be the same problem as the link describes - I've got a whole lot of deleted and current shares, deleted branches, ect. The main difference is the target folder that I'm moving to is brand new. The good news is that I can start from scratch, as it’s not a problem to lose history on this experiment project. However, it will be a problem as this is precisely the arrangement we have for our live projects that I'm going to have to reorganise (although I'm sure this will be after we upgrade to 3.1). I can send you our repository (very small test projects only) so that you can try and diagnose the problem if this helps? As for me I'm going to move on and drop this history.

Thanks
Christian