Merging problem - check out failed

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

brewer531

Merging problem - check out failed

Post by brewer531 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:09 pm

Sometimes when I am merging an entire branch, I get a "checkout failed" message when its trying to check out all the files I merged. It has turned out to be because some files are checked out exclusively already but Vault gives me no information on which file failed to checkout so it is very difficult to track down. Is there any way to get Vault to tell me which file it failed to check out during the merge?

I am on Vault 3.0.5 (hoping to go to 3.1 soon).

Thanks,

Jeff Brewer
Paycycle, Inc.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:08 am

There's nothing in the Merge tool itself, but you could use the Search tab at the bottom of the GUI Client and search for files checked out by all users in your origin and target folders.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

brewer531

Post by brewer531 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:47 pm

I have tried using the search tab but I can't differentiate between files checked out exclusively and files just checked out. I think I need to be able to do that or even better if the merge tool could just tell me what file failed to check out. Can something like this be put on the enhancement list?

Jeff Brewer

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:13 am

It makes sense for the Merge tool to do this. But it wouldn't hurt for the Search to be able to search for exclusively checked out files.

I'll log both as feature requests.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager