VB6 Integration Problems

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

cruest

VB6 Integration Problems

Post by cruest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:41 am

We just purchased your software and began the process of adding our projects to vault. On my machine, .net integration seems to work fine, VB6 however is a different matter. The login dialog does not work and as a result locks up the IDE. You have posted a "fix" which is to setup the project in the client and a profile, then manually edit a file. This really isn't much of a fix. This is really going to be a pain in the butt to do for every VB6 project that we need to get added to the system. I thought your product was supposed to support VB6?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:58 am

Were these projects imported from VSS, or are they projects that were never bound to other source control and you've newly added them to Vault?

Is this affecting all users or only some users?

How are you opening the projects?

Does it work to back up the files on your drive and retrieve the project afresh using Create Project from Source Control?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

cruest

Post by cruest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:27 am

lbauer wrote:Were these projects imported from VSS, or are they projects that were never bound to other source control and you've newly added them to Vault?

Is this affecting all users or only some users?

How are you opening the projects?

Does it work to back up the files on your drive and retrieve the project afresh using Create Project from Source Control?
They were never in Sourcesafe. It's all new.
We have 2 development machines, mine is screwed up, the other is not.
The projects are being opened from VB6.
No. I'm dead in the water any time the vault login is invoked.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:41 pm

Since it works on one machine, we need to determine what's different on your machine. It might be helpful to look at both client-side and server log files.

To enable client-side logging for VB 6, see this KB article:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1534

Enable ALL classes.

Also, set Vault server logging to Debug in the Admin Tool->Server options. Then try to open a project. Send the logs to me a linda at SourceGear.com. Indicate what user and time I should look for in the server log.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager