Server Install Hanging

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

dtalton

Server Install Hanging

Post by dtalton » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:41 pm

I run through the install, default everything. I click after the db/IIS config stuff is done, ("Please press OK to continue installing the Client and Admin Tools etc"). I get a quick flash on the status bar (something about publishing), then the status bar goes white and just sits there. I've tried this multiple times. The only way to kill the installer is to kill the CustomActionExe process. Any ideas?

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:53 pm

Which components did you choose to install along with the Server? Both the Admin Tool and Client or just the Admin Tool? It sounds like it is dying when it is trying to launch one of the client installers. Are there any errors logged to the event viewer?

Is this an upgrade or a fresh install?

If you look in the Install log (vault_install.log) in your temp directory (%temp%) does it say that the server was sucessfully installed?

You can try just installing the Server component by itself (un-select the Client and Admin tool components from the select feature dialog in the server installer) then install Admin tool and/or Client seperately. You can download the Admin Tool and Client installers from the following URL:

http://www.sourcegear.com/vault/downloads.html
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear

dtalton

Post by dtalton » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:00 pm

Your Vault Server has been successfully configured.

Please press OK to continue installing the client and Admin Tools etc.
ExitCode on exit: 0

and the installer then hangs.

Puts this in the App log:

Product: SourceGear Vault Server -- Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action CreateVaultServiceVirDir, location: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\bin\CustomActionExe.exe, command: /TARGETDIR="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\ " /VIRDIRONLY=1

It looks like CustomActionExe just hangs forever.

mskrobul

Post by mskrobul » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:10 pm

Can you send me your entire vault_install.log. You can use the email button at the bottom of this message to email it to me directly.

What OS are you installing on?
Mary Jo Skrobul
SourceGear