resource cannot be found error after switching to Vault

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

rgrant

resource cannot be found error after switching to Vault

Post by rgrant » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:05 pm

I'm a new vault user. I installed server 3.07 onto a Windows 2003 server running sql server 2000. Installation went fine. Using Visual Studio on my workstation, I unbound my projects from my Visual SourceSafe. I then installed the 3.07 client, and made SourgeGear my default Source Code Control. I was then able to add my projects to my repository on my server. I'm able to check in/check out, get latest, etc. Everything is working excellent. However, once I build my project, and attempt to open the resulting website, I'm getting a "resource not found" error. Now, I don't really think that Vault is interfering, I'm just wondering if there is a setting somewhere it may have switched, that is making my aspx website no longer run.

Thanks!

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:28 pm

Any idea what kind of resource it is?

With a web project, it is possible VS still has something cached to VSS. Try deleting the VS web cache at Docs & Settings/[username]/VSWebCache

rgrant

Post by rgrant » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:32 pm

right, should have mentioned that. Here is the snippet I'm getting back:

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /phoenix/home.aspx

home.aspx is simply the home page to start the application. If I enable "directory browsing", it lets my view the contents of the /phoenix/ directory, where I can see "home.aspx", however it refuses to load the page. This isn't something that I thought that VSS or Vault should effect..

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:39 pm

Yea, this doesn't sound like a SCC related thing. Perhaps the virtual folder got clobbered somewhere along the way.

I'd suggest removing the existing virtual folder in IIS and recreating it with the same permissions. Try to get it to work outside VS to reduce it as a variable.

rgrant

Post by rgrant » Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:02 pm

all my virtual folders are fine. I even removed it and remade it. I re-registered ASP to IIS. Still getting the same error. If I move the website, I get the same error.

However, if I make a new aspx website, it works fine, even after I add it to the Vault. It's just my old website that's fubared.

I've tried editing permissions through both IIS and Windows. I am totally drawing a blank on this one.

dan

Post by dan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:31 pm

Hmm. This is truly mysterious.

Try removing the old one and creating a new one of the same name. If it works, maybe compare the project or solution files and see what has changed.

Another thing to try: Do an Open From Source Control on another machine and see whether it is due to something that is checked in or whether it is perhaps a user/machine specific file that is causing the problem.