IdentitySwitch 1.46 seems not working

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

Tri

IdentitySwitch 1.46 seems not working

Post by Tri » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:40 pm

We plan to switch our authentication to use Active Directory. We make a test first on a test server.

1- Install Server 3.07
2- Admin Tool, Server Options: set AD Domain = COMPANY.com
3- Exec IISReset
4- Run IdentitySwitch 1.46 as advised by the Admin Tool. The utility returns errors and couldn't complete.

- The test server (win2000) is on DEVDOMAIN which has a 1 way trust relationship with COMPANY.com

- The user who executes the IdentitySwitch utility is a COMPANY.com user who is also the local admin of the test server. The user has logged in using COMPANY.com account, via Terminal Service.

- A user VaultWebService has been created in COMPANY.com domain. When asked by the Identity Switcher Wizard, we input the VaultWebService account and the correct pwd. The error we got is on the 3rd screenshot (SwitchIdentity_Error1.png)

- Then we tried putting the domain name in the username, we got the error in the 2nd screenshot (SwitchIdentity_ErrorWithDomain.png)

- If we use a bogus domain, we got the error in the 1st screenshot (SwitchIdentity_BogusDomain.png)

Nevertheless, we created a user and forced "Authentication using AD".
And strangely enough, it seems that Active Directory WORK correctly. The user could connect using his own AD account.

Do you have any idea why it works in spite of the errors encountered by IdentitySwitcher? Any comment on the test procedure described above?

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
SwitchIdentity_Error1.png
SwitchIdentity_Error1.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
SwitchIdentity_ErrorWithDomain.png
SwitchIdentity_ErrorWithDomain.png (4.95 KiB) Viewed 2498 times
SwitchIdentity_BogusDomain.png
SwitchIdentity_BogusDomain.png (2.76 KiB) Viewed 2498 times

jeremy_sg

Post by jeremy_sg » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:51 pm

Honestly, I'm not sure what's going on, but if you managed to get it working, then I'm not really concerned. IdentitySwitcher wasn't written with complicated domain setups in mind, so I'm not shocked that it failed. Sorry that it took you extra time to get everything set up.