project files open, but code files do not download

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mcliedtk

project files open, but code files do not download

Post by mcliedtk » Thu May 26, 2005 6:43 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for helping me get the solution into Vault. Re-creating the solution from scratch and adding brand new projects to the solution fixed the problems we were having with the structure of the solution. Now anyone can download the solution.

However, since I had to add all the code files in by hand (from the Solution Explorer in VS I use "Add existing items" to add the code files in), they are not being downloaded by other users. The computer from which I added the solution works great, but any other computer that downloads the solution receives this error at the opening of each project:

The project 'ProjectName' is under source control. An error occurred while registering this project with source control. It is recommended that you do not make any changes to this project.

This prompt comes up for each project. Any files that were created when I created the new solution (ie, were created by using the "Add new item" option) are imported properly, but the existing items that were added come up with a red check (the not in source control check) and yellow warning triangles. I looked at the Xml in the .csproj files, and the references there include all the files, but for some reason VS will not download these files. I looked in the Vault Client GUI, and all the files are there and the content of all the files in viewable from the Client GUI.

So it appears that the files I copied into the new solution do not like being part of that solution, or think that are part of the old solution. I could create a new solution and create new files, and then copy and paste the code from the old files into the new files, but that would take at least several hours, and so there has to be a better way.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Thanks,
Michael

dan

Post by dan » Fri May 27, 2005 7:49 am

One thing to verify is that when you open the solution from another machine, Vault is the default source control provider there. The "error registering" often means Vault isn't set as the default.

Another question: After making change to the binding on the projects/solutions, do the project/solution files need to be checked back in with new changes?