Opening solution from Visual Studio

This forum is now locked, since Gold Support is no longer offered.

Moderator: SourceGear

mcliedtk

Opening solution from Visual Studio

Post by mcliedtk » Mon May 23, 2005 11:07 am

Hello,

We recently purchased Vault and have successfully imported VSS into Vault. However, we are unable to open our solutions in VisualStudio. We are using Vault 3.07, VS2003 and .NET 1.1.

Attached is a screenshot of the solution I am trying to open.

Here are the steps that replicate the problem.
-Open Vault Client
-Set working folder on solution to C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\ImageMarket
-Open VS
-File/Source Control/Open Solution from Source Control…
-On the dialog, select the folder with the solution file; in the screenshot, this is the file that is selected. Note that the other two folders – UI-Admin and UI-User – are web projects.
- The “Directory doesn’t exist. Create it?” prompt appears; select yes.
-VaultIDE error appears: “C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\ImageMarket: Unable to create directory.”

If I remove the working folders from all the folders listed for the solution in Vault, then I get this error:
Microsoft Development Environment: The open from source control operation has failed for this project. Close and re-open the solution to be prompted again to open the project from source control.

It appears that the structure of our solutions as they are listed in Vault cannot be read by VS. Please contact me by phone, as they are several other errors that occur depending upon how I fiddle with the working folders, etc.

By the way, what is the best way to contact support? I haven't been getting responses to phone and email requests...is this forum the best way to get help?

Thanks,
Michael
Attachments
OpenFromSourceControl.gif
OpenFromSourceControl.gif (10.75 KiB) Viewed 2550 times

dan

Post by dan » Mon May 23, 2005 11:48 am

Feel free to email me using the button below, and I can give you a call. The forum is generally the best way to get support, followed by email to support, followed by phone call. Usually, we try to resolve issues where others can see the answers if they run into the same thing.

One question on this: Did you unbind the solution from VSS prior to importing it? It may still be trying to connect to VSS. If that is the case, try opening the solution to a completely new working folder. It will fail, but then you want to unbind the solution and rebind it to Vault and then checkin changes to the solution/project files.